OpenAI took over the internet yesterday with the announcement of GPT-4. And it makes sense for people to take note as it brings some significant upgrades over GPT-3. This next-gen large language model (LLM) is no longer limited to text but now has vision too, enabling you to input images and query the AI model soon. That said, if you wish to experience GPT-4 on ChatGPT’s website right now, you will have to spend money as the new model is not free to use.
If you want to use the new GPT-4 model, you will have to upgrade to the “Plus” version, which costs USD 20 per month.
GPT-4 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 4) is a multimodal large language model created by OpenAI, the fourth in the GPT series. It was released on March 14, 2023, and will be available via API and for ChatGPT Plus users. Microsoft confirmed that versions of Bing using GPT had in fact been using GPT-4 before its official release. As a transformer, GPT-4 was pretrained to predict the next token (using both public data and “data licensed from third-party providers”), and was then fine-tuned with reinforcement learning from human feedback.
GPT-4 is OpenAI’s most advanced system, producing safer and more useful responses.
We all now know that ChatGPT can do a ton of cool things and there are a plethora of ChatGPT prompts to get the perfect answer to questions, but OpenAI is greatly improving on its capabilities with GPT-4. Compared to GPT-3, which powers your favorite ChatGPT AI chatbot, the latest GPT-4 model is multimodal. As mentioned above, it means that the LLM will now be able to accept both text and image inputs from users. The new GPT-4 model from OpenAI will soon allow image inputs, which it will be able to analyze and answer your questions. Right now, only the text capabilities of the new LLM are available to try out via ChatGPT.
As an AI language model, GPT-3 has really revolutionized the field of natural language processing. It has provided a significant leap in terms of textual understanding and generation capabilities compared to its predecessors. However, OpenAI has already started working on GPT-4, which is expected to be even more advanced.
GPT-4 is expected to have several improvements over its predecessor. Here are some of them:
1. Better accuracy: One of the major improvements in GPT-4 is expected to be its improved accuracy in language prediction and generation. This would be achieved by leveraging even larger amounts of training data and fine-tuning techniques.
2. Multilingual support: GPT-3 already supports multiple languages, but GPT-4 would expand this support further, making it easier for people to communicate across different languages.
3. Improved speed: With faster computational power, GPT-4 is expected to generate text even faster, making it more efficient and time-saving for users.
4. Better context understanding: GPT-4 is expected to have a better understanding of context and nuance, making its predictions and generated text more accurate and comprehensible.
5. Improved user interaction: GPT-4 is likely to have more interactive features, enabling users to have more control over the generated text and providing greater flexibility in how they use it.
Overall, GPT-4 is expected to be a major advancement in the field of natural language processing, bringing even more sophisticated capabilities to language prediction and generation.
In a casual conversation, the distinction between GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 can be subtle. The difference comes out when the complexity of the task reaches a sufficient threshold—GPT-4 is more reliable, creative, and able to handle much more nuanced instructions than GPT-3.5.
GPT-4 can solve difficult problems with greater accuracy, thanks to its broader general knowledge and problem solving abilities. GPT-4 is more creative and collaborative than ever before. It can generate, edit, and iterate with users on creative and technical writing tasks, such as composing songs, writing screenplays, or learning a user’s writing style. GPT-4 surpasses ChatGPT in its advanced reasoning capabilities.
OpenAI spent 6 months making GPT-4 safer and more aligned. GPT-4 is 82% less likely to respond to requests for disallowed content and 40% more likely to produce factual responses than GPT-3.5 on OpenAI’s internal evaluations.
To understand the difference between the two models, OpenAI tested on a variety of benchmarks, including simulating exams that were originally designed for humans. OpenAI proceeded by using the most recent publicly-available tests (in the case of the Olympiads and AP free response questions) or by purchasing 2022–2023 editions of practice exams. OpenAI did no specific training for these exams. A minority of the problems in the exams were seen by the model during training, but OpenAI believes the results to be representative.
You can use the GPT-4 engine in the Fozzels.com automatic content generator for Magento. Just upgrade to the paid subscription at OpenAI (the “Plus” version) and you’re all set.
How to Access GPT-4 AI Model
OpenAI has played it smart and made GPT-4 available only to ChatGPT Plus subscribers. That means you will need to pay $20 per month to access the latest model from OpenAI. Here’s how to get access to it:
- First, head to the ChatGPT website using the link here and log into your existing account. Make a new account if you don’t already have one.
- Once logged in, you will see the “Upgrade to Plus” option in the bottom left corner. Click on it.
- Next, in the pop-up that opens, click the green “Upgrade plan” button under ChatGPT Plus. As mentioned here, ChatGPT gets you priority access to new features, and rightfully so, with GPT-4.
- On the next page, you need to enter your payment details and billing address in the right pane. Once you have entered the details, click the “Subscribe” button.
- After your payment is complete, you will successfully become a ChatGPT+ subscriber. You can now use the new GPT-4 model and other older AI models with ease. From the drop-down menu on your screen, select “GPT-4” to get started.
OpenAI will not be offering free access to GPT-4 via its ChatGPT chatbot anytime soon. Further, it adds that it hopes to “offer some amount of free GPT-4 queries” to free tier users sometime in the future.
Try Out the GPT-4 Model in ChatGPT Today
In conclusion, you will need to get the ChatGPT+ subscription if you wish to officially access the new GPT-4 AI model from OpenAI.